Malware and adware which plays audio advertisements, voice advertisements or audio commercials is nothing new. If you hear Audio ads when using your browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome or you hear random ads playing in background without any open window or browser, then it is possible that you have installed a malicious plug-in that will play audio ads in the background. Sometimes the Audio ads, voice advertisements or audio commercials will even play if you don’t use any browser, the most common cause is a rootkit infection or other malware.
The removal of audio ads playing in background requires some special method to be applied. This kind of malware and adware are complex threats in terms of detection and extermination. Important! before you start the removal process of any rootkit you should back-up all of your personal data, this because anti-rootkit tools can make changes to your hard drive, partition table and master boot record by cleaning your computer.
Besides, sometimes it could be a extension, add-on, plug-in or browser helper object (BHO) that cause audio advertisements and redirects. The following removal guide has been created to help you to remove malware which plays audio advertisements. Please follow the steps below. Good luck and be safe online!
Audio ads playing in background [Removal Guide]
All tools used in our Audio ads playing in background Removal Guide are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing adware and malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process, and perform all the steps in the correct order.
Step 1 – Remove Malicious Programs from the softwarelist
Step 2 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove the adware related to the Audio ads
Step 3 – Run a scan with the Junkware Removal Tool to remove adware and other unwanted software
Step 4 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove malware and potentially unwanted programs
Step 5 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of adware and malware
1. Uninstall Malicious programs from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘Malicious programs’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove the Audio ads
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with the junkware removal tool to remove the Audio ads
Download download the Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting the Junkware Removal Tool, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on jrt.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- The Junkware Removal Tool will now start, and at the Command Prompt, you’ll need to press any key to perform a scan with the tool.
- Please be patient, this scan can take a while to complete (up to 10 minutes) depending on your system’s specifications.
- When the scan with the Junkware Removal Tool is completed, it will display a log with the malicious files and registry keys that were removed from your computer.
- With this file you can check the detected and deleted items.
4. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove the Audio ads
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
5. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the Audio ads
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- audio ads playing in background removal
- ads playing in background
- audio ads playing in background
- ads playing in background of computer
- how to remove background audio ads
- malware audio ads playing in background
- how to remove audio ads running in background
- ads playing in background chrome
- audio playing in the background
- remove audio ads running background
- remove audio ads in background
- Audio Advertisements Playing in Background
- audio malware
- how to remove audio ads in background
- audio ads in background