BrowserProtect is basically an malicious adware related program that is bundeld with a lot of free software, that will change your internet browser settings of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without consent and BrowserProtect is causing unwanted redirections and pop-ups with unwanted advertising. When BrowserProtect is actually installed on your system it can track your browser activity and it will also slow down your computer of internet Browsers.
BrowserProtect can be manually and voluntary installed from BrowserProtect.org as Browserprotect advertises itself as a legitimate tool used to protect against browser hijacks and is mostly promoted via free software that has bundeld the BrowserProtect program and can be installes whitout your knowledge.
Use can use the instructions below to remove BrowserProtect and other third-party malware, as well as unwanted search engines that may have hijacked your default home page, search engine, and your browser shortcuts.
BrowserProtect removal instructions
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
1. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove BrowserProtect
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove BrowserProtect
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
3. Run a scan with HitmanPro for removing remnants of BrowserProtect
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings to remove BrowserProtect
- Start Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top right, and then click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer and check everything is fixed as well.
Reset Firefox to remove BrowserProtect
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.
Remove BrowserProtect from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser.
- Next, select Settings from the dropdownlist.
- Once it opens a new window or tab, click on the Extensions located on left side of this window.
- Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference.
- Also on this window, you can find the item called BrowserProtect
- Remove the unwanted entry, by clicking on the trashcan.
- If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions or other extensions you don’t install your self.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Incoming search terms:
- browserprotect removal
- remove browserprotect
- browserprotect removal tool
- browser protect
- uninstall browser protect
- how to remove web browser protect
- beeg ashion com
- web browser protect uninstall
- remove browser protect
- browser protect folder
- browserprotect malware removal tool
- Browser protect exe removal tool
- browserprotect removal chrome
- browserprotect removal instructions