Conduit (SearchProtect by Conduit) is an Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A). The Conduit adware or the Conduit Toolbar is bundled with certain free software that primarily installs to your computer with or without your permission and knowledge. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects PUP.Optional.Conduit.A you do not immediately have to worry, because it is not a virus or other malware. But only a adware related program classified as PUP because it has a bad reputation or behavior. And in most cases the program is installed whitout your knowledge, therefore detects Malwarebytes Anti-Malware this application as PUP.Optional.Conduit.A.
As already mentioned, this type of adware is bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar downloadsites. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional software (adware) like Conduit, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of an Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
When the Conduit adware is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Usually, there is a Uninstall Program entry that uninstalls Conduit from your computer, but mostly there are still many remnants behind of the adware that causes problems. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to cleanup your computer. To remove this adware from your computer and cleanup the installed browsers, please use the Conduit removal guide below.
Conduit “PUP.Optional.Conduit.A” Removal Guide
This adware removal guide provides guidance on how to remove adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s) from your computer. Potentially Unwanted Programs is a general name of any doubtful program, including browser hijackers, malicious browser extensions, spyware, that tries to damage a computer, steal personal data, or perform other such malicious behaviour.
- Remove Conduit from the softwarelist which are related to
- Remove Conduit with AdwCleaner
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s)
- Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of Conduit and other unwanted software
- Remove Conduit from Internet Explorer – How to remove Adware from Internet Explorer
- Remove Conduit from Firefox – How to remove Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Conduit from Google Chrome – How to remove Adware from Google Chrome
Because the instructions to remove any adware related program from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome are the same, they are located on a separate page on this website. Click on one of the links above, to read the complete manuals with instructions to remove any malicious browser extension, hijacked startpage from your browsers.
1. Uninstall Conduit from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘Conduit’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with unknown names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Remove Conduit with AdwCleaner
- Download AdwCleaner (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to start the program
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Remove Conduit with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a surprisingly effective anti-malware program that let you check the presence of malware. But Malwarebytes has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- If you accidently close it, the log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove Conduit
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop from one of the download buttons above.
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Conduit – file and registry information
(Conduit) C:\Program Files\SearchProtect\Main\bin\CltMngSvc.exe
(Conduit) C:\Program Files\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\cltmng.exe
(Conduit) C:\Program Files\SearchProtect\UI\bin\cltmngui.exe
Incoming search terms:
- adware conduit 45
- adware conduit 37
- tag toolbar malicious
- PUR Optionnal Conduit
- pur optional searchprotect a
- pup optionel spoutly
- firefox pup optional
- conduit pup optional conduit a removal guide
- Chrome PUP Optional Conduit
- where is pup optional conduit