If your computer is locked by Decrypt Protect [MBL Advisory], and you are seeing a message like “You have lost control over your computer” or “You have 48 hours left to enter your payment” then your computer is infected with ransomware.
Once the ransomware is installed on your computer, the Decrypt Protect MoneyPak virus will display a fake notification that pretends to be from the MBL Advisory, and states that your computer has been blocked due to it being involved with the distribution of pornographic material, sending SPAM and donwloading and sharing copyrighted content.
The Decrypt Protect virus will completely lock you out of your computer, so whenever you’ll try to log on into your Windows operating system or Safe Mode with Networking, it will display instead a lock screen asking you to pay a non-existing fine of 300$ in the form of a Ukash, Paysafecard or MoneyPak code. Ignore any alert and don’t pay with Ukash or PaySafeCard, because you will send your money directly to the cybercriminals
Furthermore, to make this alert seem more authentic, this virus also has the ability to activate your installed webcam, so that the fake Decrypt Protect notification shows what is happening in the room. The Decrypt Protect MoneyPak virus will also display a countdown timer, a fake case number and a name of an FBI agent, in an attempt to scare you into sending a MoneyPak code to pay the fine.
If your computer is infected with the Decrypt Protect virus, you will see the same screen as below:
Decrypt Protect virus [Removal Guide]
Please download HitmanPro to your desktop.
Press this link for the complete “User Manual” for HitmanPro.Kickstart.
- Start the program by double clicking on HitmanPro.exe. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
- Click on the “HitmanPro.Kickstart” button to create a bootable USB-stick with HitmanPro.Kickstart (see the screenshot below).
- Now insert the USB flash drive that you will use to write the HitmanPro.Kickstart files to.
- As soon as one or more USB flash drives are detected, a selection screen will be presented.
- Now select the USB flash drive on which you want to place the HitmanPro.Kickstart files and press the button Install Kickstart.
- Important! Be aware that that all contents of the selected flash drive will be erased before the HitmanPro.Kickstart files are written.
- If you press the ‘Yes’ button now, the selected USB flash drive will be formatted and all necessary HitmanPro.Kickstart files will be retrieved from the HitmanPro servers and written to the flash drive
- Once the process is completed you can now remove the USB flash drive from the PC and use it to remove the malware from a ransomed PC.
- Now insert the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive into a USB port of the ransomed PC and start the PC.
- During the startup of the PC, enter the (BBS) Bios Boot Selector menu with F10 or F11 and select the USB flash drive that contains HitmanPro.Kickstart to boot from.
- If it’s not possible to enter the BBS go into the BIOS and set the USB option as your first boot-device by the boot-sequence.
- The default way to boot is option 1, which skips the master boot record of your hard drive. If you do not press any key, the process will continue after 10 seconds using the default boot selection.
- If you see a logon screen you can either select a user and logon, or if you wait approximately 15 seconds, HitmanPro will be started on your Windows logon screen.
- Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
- Check the box beside “No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer“.
- Click on the next button.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where found will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and scan for malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Remove all CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the “F8 key”, tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
- If your computer has started in Safe Mode with Networking, you’ll need to perform a system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
Incoming search terms:
- decrypt virus
- how decrypt removal
- decrypt virus removal
- help decrypt virus
- decrypt_instruction virus
- howdecrypt virus
- how decrypt virus removal
- virus decrypt
- decrypt instruction virus removal
- how to decrypt virus
- how to remove decrypt virus
- howdecrypt removal
- help decrypt
- help_decrypt virus
- help decrypt virus removal