If you are seeing pop-ups from Def.findci.net when you use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, then your computer is infected with adware or other potentially unwanted programs. This kind of adware related software is designed specifically to make money with pop-ups, unwanted ads and sponsored links. Def.findci.net is basically not a malicious domain, but cyber criminals are using it to display ads from this domain to earn pay-per-click revenues.
The Def.findci.net adware always comes bundled with free software or applications bundled with unwanted applications and browserextensions, which are the cause of the Def.findci.net popups in your browser. In such cases, the installation of a pop-up blocker has no effect to block the unwanted popups from Def.findci.net, maybe you can reduce the pop-ups from Def.findci.net and similar domains but the cause of the problem will not be solved. Therefore, we recommend to use this malware and adware removal guide to cleanup your systemen.
The worst of all is actually, that Def.findci.net is able to tracking your browsing history, monitoring your online activities. You can use the Def.findci.net pop-ups removal guide on this page to remove the remove completely the Def.findci.net pop-ups from your computer with AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool and the malwarescanners Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro.
Def.findci.net Pop-ups Removal Guide
All tools used in our Nation Zoom Browser Hijacker Removal Instruction are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing adware and malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process, and perform all the steps in the correct order.
Step 1 – Remove Malicious Programs from the softwarelist which are related to theDef.findci.net Pop-ups
Step 2 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Step 3 – Run a scan with the Junkware Removal Tool to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Step 4 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Step 5 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
1. Uninstall Malicious programs from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘Malicious programs’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with the junkware removal tool to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Download download the Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting the Junkware Removal Tool, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on jrt.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- The Junkware Removal Tool will now start, and at the Command Prompt, you’ll need to press any key to perform a scan with the tool.
- Please be patient, this scan can take a while to complete (up to 10 minutes) depending on your system’s specifications.
- When the scan with the Junkware Removal Tool is completed, it will display a log with the malicious files and registry keys that were removed from your computer.
- With this file you can check the detected and deleted items.
4. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
5. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of the Def.findci.net Pop-ups
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.