Mobogenie is a Android phone manager that can be used to transfer pictures and other data between your PC and your mobile phone. Mobogenie is technically not a virus but classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that primarily installs to your computer with or without consent alongside software downloaded from website like download.com, Softonic, Brothersoft and other monetized freeware and shareware distribution websites that distribute bundled installation files contain unwanted software.
In most cases Mobogenie is installed whitout your knowledge, and many users have no idea where Mobogenie did come from, so it’s not surprising at all that most of them assume that it is a virus and also because it creates new startup key with name Mobogenie and value Mobogenie.exe and automatically start when you turn on your computer and login to Windows. Mobogenie is also bundled with other third party installers, that will install unwanted software on your computer without your knowledge. When Mobogenie is present on your computer you can use this comprehensive Mobogenie Removal Guide below to remove this unwatend program completely from your computer in a few steps with free tools. Because Mobogenie is bundled with program’s that contains adware like the Nationzoom browser hijacker, we recommend to check your computer with AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro.
Mobogenie Removal Guide
All tools used in our Mobogenie Removal Guide are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
Step 1 – Remove Mobogenie from the softwarelist.
Step 2 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Mobogenie and other unwanted applications
Step 3 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove Mobogenie and other adware
Step 4 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of adware, browser hijackers and Mobogenie
1. Uninstall Malicious programs from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘Mobogenie’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Mobogenie
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
3. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove Mobogenie
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of Mobogenie
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- mobogenie virus
- mobogenie virus android
- remove mobogenie android
- mobogenie android virus
- mobogenie for android
- mobogenie virus android remove
- how to remove mobogenie from android
- mobogenie android remove
- mobogenie removal android
- remove mobogenie from android phone
- remove mobogenie from android
- how to remove mobogenie for android
- remove mobogenie from phone
- android mobogenie virus