Browser Protect is classified as Adware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects Browser Protect as PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A. When Browser Protect /PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A is installed on your computer it will behave like a browser hijacker and many users have no idea where Browser Protect /PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A did come from, so it’s not surprising at all that most of them assume that Webcake is a virus and that is the main reason why Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is detecting this application as PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A.
Browser Protect is bundled within the custom installer on many download sites like Softonic, Brothersoft and Cnet.When PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A is present on your computer when you perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware then your computer is infected with the PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A adware, and perhaps also with other adware variants or other unwanted software.
You can use the PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A removal guide below to remove this unwatend program completely from your computer in a few steps with free tools.
PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A removal guide
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
Step 1 – Remove Webcake from the softwarelist which are related to PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
Step 2 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
Step 3 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
Step 4 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
1. Uninstall BrowserProtect from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name ‘BrowserProtect’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of PUP.Optional.BrowserProtect.A
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- pup optional searchprotect a
- pup optional search protect a
- pup optional searchprotect
- what is pup optional searchprotect a
- pup optional search protect
- pup optional sprotect a
- pup optional protect A
- what is pup optional search protect
- what is pup optional search protect a
- pup optional browsersafeguard a
- Removing Optional SearchProtect
- somoto linkbucs malware
- What is PUP Optional Search protect?
- PUP protec
- PUP prote