Shortcut Cleaner developed by Grinler fron Bleepingcomputer is a small utility designed to fix hijacked of modified shortcuts by potentially unwanted programs, adware or other malicious software. This utility will scan your windows shortcuts and browser shortcuts belongs to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other browser for malicious modifications. If shortcutcleaner found hijacked shortcuts it will will automatically clean them by removing the malicious hyperlink that was insert in the shortcut.
There are various browserhijackers that modifies the browser shortcuts with a malcious link, when you start your browser the shortcut will redirect to the executable belongs tot the browser but because they are hijacked with al malicious link it will also display a other website instead of your startpage. Known variants that are hijacking the browser shortcuts with malicious links are.
Remove browserhijackers with Shortcutcleaner
- Download Shortcutcleaner to your desktop.
- Right click on “sc-cleaner.exe” and choose run as administrator, Windows XP user can just doubleclick on sc-cleaner.exe to start the program.
- Know the tool wil scan all the windows en shortcuts they belong to your installed browsers.
- If the tool detects hijacked shortcuts, it will automatically clean them.
- When the tool is ready, it will save a log file on your desktop, this file contains the information of the scanned and repaired shortcuts.
After running SC Cleaner scan also your system with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware en AdwCleaner.
Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked and click on Remove Selected.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware need to restart your system to remove te detected items, so please restart the system immediately.
- After the restart, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats on your system
Scan with AdwCleaner
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all your open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to start te tool.
- Click on the Delete button, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click again on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
Incoming search terms:
- sc-cleaner exe
- qvo6 kaldıramıyorum
- shortcut cleaner Grinler
- shortcut cleaner
- shortcut malware
- windoes 7 shortcut malware
- shortcut cleaner windows 7
- shortcut malware removal tool
- short cut mlare
- cool net123
- shortcut cleaner by grinler
- antimalware shortcut remover
- Short Cut Malware