The istart123.com browser hijacker is bundled with certain free software in the category of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s). istart123.com is considered a browser hijacker because it changes the default homepage and search-engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without your permission. Furthermore, This kind of browser hijackers can also change the default target of the browser shortcuts, which ensures that the browser will always open with the istart123.com browser hijacker.
As already mentioned, this type of browser hijackers are bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar downloadsites. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional adware like the istart123.com browser hijacker, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of an Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
When the istart123.com browser hijacker is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Unfortunately, there is no Uninstall Programs entry that uninstalls istart123.com from your computer. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to cleanup your computer. To remove this browser hijacker from your computer and clean the affected shortcuts of the installed browsers, please use the istart123.com removal guide below.
Remove istart123.com browser hijacker (free removal guide)
This adware removal guide provides guidance on how to remove adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s) from your computer. Potentially Unwanted Programs is a general name of any doubtful program, including browser hijackers, malicious browser extensions, spyware, that tries to damage a computer, steal personal data, or perform other such malicious behaviour.
- Remove Malicious software from the softwarelist which are related to istart123.com.
- Remove istart123.com browser hijacker with AdwCleaner
- Remove the istart123.com browser hijacker with ShortcutFix.
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s)
- Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of this browser hijacker and other unwanted software
- Remove istart123.com from browser hijacker Internet Explorer – How to remove Adware from Internet Explorer
- Remove istart123.com from browser hijacker Firefox – How to remove Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove istart123.com from browser hijacker Google Chrome – How to remove Adware from Google Chrome
Because the instructions to remove any adware related program from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome are the same, they are located on a separate page on this website. Click on one of the links above, to read the complete manuals with instructions to remove any malicious browser extension, hijacked startpage from your browsers.
1. Uninstall malicious software from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘adware’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Remove istart123.com browser hijacker with AdwCleaner
- Download AdwCleaner (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to start the program
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Remove browserhijackers with Shortcutfix
- Download Shortcutfix to your desktop.
- Right click on “shortcutfix.exe” and choose run as administrator, Windows XP user can just doubleclick on shortcutfix.exe to start the program.
- Know the tool wil scan all the windows en shortcuts they belong to your installed browsers.
- If the tool detects hijacked shortcuts, it will automatically clean them.
- When the tool is ready, it will open a log file on your desktop, this file contains the information of the scanned and repaired shortcuts.
4. Remove istart123.com browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a surprisingly effective anti-malware program that let you check the presence of malware. But Malwarebytes has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
- Then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection subtab, Detection Options, tick the box ‘Scan for rootkits‘.
- Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
- With some infections, you may see this message box.
- ‘Could not load DDA driver’
- Click ‘Yes’ to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
- Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
- When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
5. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove istart123.com
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop from one of the download buttons above.
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove istart123
- remove istart123
- what is istart123
- uninstall istart123
- how to get rid of istart123
- how to uninstall istart123
- istart 123
- remove istart 123
- how to get rid of istart 123
- istart123 uninstall
- istart 123 removal
- cool123 remove
- how to uninstall istart 123
- start123 removal
- istart123 com