Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online is a pop-up that displays a fake alert and locks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge. This Microsoft Tech Support Scam is trying to scare people into thinking their computer infected with a virus or that personal information is stolen. The main intent is to push people into calling a very expensive telephone (scam) number ( 1-888-748-8676) to receive support. When your browser displays “Windows Firewall Security Damaged by Exploit.SWF.bd Virus”, it means that your computer is infected with malware.
How did I get infected with the Microsoft Tech Support Scam?
It is important to note that this malware is distributed through various ways. In most situations, it comes to programs such as adware which does not clearly indicate that other software will be installed. Therefore, it is very important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of an Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
How to get rid of the Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online pop-ups?
If you have problems with the redirects to Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online, various pop ups or a unwanted advertising when you use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome , your browser has definitely been hijacked. Please note that this kind of adware categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP/PUA) can track your browsing activity and even get access to your login information and passwords. The information about your online activity is sent to the remote Command & Control Server straight away and can be used for marketing purposes.
To remove Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online Microsoft Tech Support Scam completely from your computer and cleanup the installed browsers, please use the Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online removal guide below.
All programs that we recommend are completely free to use. AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro have a very good detection for adware and other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Remove Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online pop-ups (Microsoft Tech Support Scam)
Windows Firewall Security Damaged by Exploit.SWF.bd Virus
A suspicious connection was trying to access your logins, banking details & tracking your Internet activity
Windows Security Center and Firewall Services are disabled. Error Code 0x8024402c.
Your TCP connection was blocked by your firewall. Your account may be suspended until you take action.
Your personal information may have leaked. IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED.
Your hard disk has Exploit.SWF.bd Virus! Please do not try to fix manually. It may crash your data.
Please visit your nearest Windows Service Center or call Microsoft Windows Help Desk Now.
Customer Service: 1-888-748-8676 (toll free)
Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online removal guide – overview
- Close the Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove the Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up
- Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants and other unwanted software
- Run a scan with Zemana AntiMalware
- Remove Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online from Internet Explorer – How to remove Adware from Internet Explorer
- Remove Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online from Firefox – How to remove Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online from Google Chrome – How to remove Adware from Google Chrome
Close the Microsoft.pcsupport2602.online Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up.
- Open the taskmanager by CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC in Windows 7 and 8.
- Windows 10 users right-click on the Start menu or the taskbar to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Select the browser you’re using and right click on it, then click the End Task button.
Scan your computer with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner by Xplode is a free and portable program to remove Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using this instruction of AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of unwanted programs from your computer. The types of unwanted programs and adware that AdwCleaner targets are bundled with free software that you download from the internet.
- Download AdwCleaner (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to start the program
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove the Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a surprisingly effective anti-malware program that let you check the presence of malware. But Malwarebytes has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
- Then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection subtab, Detection Options, tick the box ‘Scan for rootkits‘.
- Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
- With some infections, you may see this message box.
- ‘Could not load DDA driver’
- Click ‘Yes’ to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
- Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
- When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
Run a scan with HitmanPro the Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop from one of the download buttons above.
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Run a scan with Zemana AntiMalware to remove the Microsoft Tech Support Scam pop-up
Zemana AntiMalware is a second opinion cloud based malware scanner that let you check the presence of malware. But it has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the premium version of Zemana AntiMalware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click “Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.exe” and follow the prompts to install the program.
- After the installation you will see the main screen of Zemana AntiMalware as shown below.
- Select the Deep Scan and then click the Scan button.
- When the scan is complete, click Next and the infections where will be deleted.
Incoming search terms: