Safesearch.net is a part of SafeSearch Toolbar and a malicious browser hijacker, which is promoted via free software that is spread via wrappers, and once SafeSearch Toolbar is installed it will add the SafeSearch Toolbar, to Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and will change your browser homepage to Safesearch.net, and set your default search engine to Safesearch.net Web Search.
The Safesearch.net Web Search / SafeSearch Toolbar will display annoying advertisements and sponsored links in your search results of your browser, and may collect search terms from your search queries to monitor your behavior on the Internet. The SafeSearch Toolbar adware is used to boost advertising revenue, as in the use of blackhat SEO, to inflate a site’s page ranking in search results.
Furthermore, Safesearch.net Web Search / SafeSearch Toolbar may download and install additional adware spyware onto your computer without your knowledge. Some products detect this application as PUP.adware, others simply flag it as generic Trojan horse. If you have problems with the redirects to Safesearch.net, various pop ups or a unwanted advertising when you use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome , your browser has definitely been hijacked. Please note that this kind of adware categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP/PUA) can track your browsing activity and even get access to your login information and passwords. The information about your online activity is sent to the remote Command & Control Server straight away and can be used for marketing purposes. I recommend you to remove this kind of adware as soon as possible from your computer and you can use the instructions below.
Safesearch.net – SafeSearch Toolbar removal instructions
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
1. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove Safesearch.net – SafeSearch Toolbar
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
3. Run a scan with HitmanPro
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Remove Safesearch.net – SafeSearch Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu and click on Tools.
- Next, select the option Manage add-ons from the dropdown list. In this window you can manage the Internet Explorer add-ons.
- Click on the option Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
- Then click on the malicious items te remove.
- Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
- Start Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top right, and then click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer and check everything is fixed as well.
Remove Safesearch.net – SafeSearch Toolbar from Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and navigate to top menu and click on Tools or press CTRL+SHIFT+A.
- It will display a drop-down list please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
- Click on the option Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions in Mozilla Firefox.
- Find the malicious extension. If it does not exist, find related items or items you don’t install your self
- Click the Remove buttom to uninstall the selected item from the list.
- Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window and restart Firefox.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.
Remove Safesearch.net – SafeSearch Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser.
- Next, select Settings from the dropdownlist.
- Once it opens a new window or tab, click on the Extensions located on left side of this window.
- Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference.
- Also on this window, you can find the malicious items to remove.
- Remove the unwanted entry, by clicking on the trashcan.
- If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions or other extensions you don’t install your self.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Incoming search terms:
- safesearch net
- safesearch removal
- safesearch virus
- safe search removal
- remove safe search
- safesear ch removal
- uninstall safe search
- www safesearch net
- how to remove safe search
- how to get rid of safesearch
- remove safesearch
- safesear ch remove
- how to remove safesearch virus
- safesearch removal tool
- remove safesearch net