SearchProtect by Conduit LTD is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and mostly bundled with free software that primarily installs to your computer with or without your knowledge. Once this potentially unwanted program is installed, SearchProtect and associated adware beings to change your internet browser settings, such as your home page and default search engine to SearhConduit.com, this kind of adware causing unwanted browser redirections, as well as displaying unwanted pop-ups and other advertisements.
Many users have no idea where SearchProtect did come from, so it’s not surprising at all that most of them assume that it is a virus. (But technically it is not a computer virus) SearchProtect and other potentially unwanted programs are bundled with software downloaded from download.com and other freeware and shareware distribution sites like Softonic and Brothersoft.
Use the SearchProtect Removal Instructions below to remove SearchProtect and other third-party software from Conduit and potentially unwanted programs from your computer with free software. AdwCleaner is a popular tool to remove unwanted software from your computer, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has a strong detection of potentially unwanted programs and will detect SearchProtect from Conduit as PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A and PUP.Optional.Conduit.A.
SearchProtect Removal Instructions
All tools used in our SearchProtect Removal Instructions are completely free to use and should remove any trace of adware and potentially unwanted programs from your computer.
- Step 1 – Remove SearchProtect with AdwCleaner.
- Step 2 – Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove potentially unwanted programs
1. Remove SearchProtect with AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner (from this link) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
2. Remove PUP.Optional.SearchProtect.A with MBAM
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from this link) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- pup optional search protect a malwarebytes
- search protect appfish
- how to remove search protect elex
- elex search protect uninstall
- remove elex
- uninstall search protect elex
- searchprotect remove
- search protect windows 7 removal tool
- search protect elex remove
- remove elex searchprotect
- elex search protec
- wie lösche ich loadgovstatesecurity
- how to uninstall ELEX search protect
- programs associated with searchprotect