Sweetpacks or SweetIM Messenger is an adware related program that is categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP/PUA). Sweetpacks or SweetIM Messenger is promoted via additonal free software that is packed by a wrapper, and once installed it will install the Sweetpacks Toolbar, change your homepage to start.sweetpacks.com and set your browser default search engine to search.sweetpacks.com.
The Sweetpacks search enigne will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries. The SweetIM Search engine got on your computer after you have installed a free software program that has bundled the installer for SweetIM Search toolbar. You should always be aware when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this SweetIM Search adware.
For example, when you install the SweetIM package, SweetPCFix or GamePacks, you will also automatically agree to install the Sweetpacks Toolbar, that will change your browser homepage to start.sweetpacks.com , and the default search engine to search.sweetpacks.com .
However, when you uninstall these programs from your computer by the softwarelist, the web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove it from your favorite web browser manually, see the instructions below.
Sweetpacks SweetIM Search [Removal Instructions]
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
Uninstall Sweetpacks SweetIM from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name ‘Sweetpacks SweetIM’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
1. Run a scan with AdwCleaner
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
2. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
3. Run a scan with HitmanPro
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Incoming search terms:
- pup optional
- PUP Optional SweetPacks
- pup optional malware
- pup optional sweetpacks a
- pup optional search
- pup sweetpacks
- malware pup optional
- remove pup optional
- what is pup optional sweetpacks
- what is pup optional sweetpacks a
- sweetpacks search removal
- pup optional sweetpack
- sweetpacks removal tool
- pup sweetim