Medfos is a member of the Win32/Medfos family and got your computer, after you have visited an infected website which exploited a vulnerability from a Java or Adobe software and Medfos installed a file called chromeupdate.crx.
As part of its self-defense mechanism,once installed Medfos disguises itself as a legitimate Google Chrome or Firefox extension with the name ChromeUpdateManager 1.0 or Translate This 2.0
Trojan:JS/Medfos.B sole purpose is to generate revenue for its authors via pay-per-click advertising links and redirect traffic to affiliate sites,so we recommend that you remove Trojan:JS/Medfos.B as soon as possible from your computer.
Trojan:JS/Medfos.B [Removal guide]
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
1. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
2. Run a scan with HitmanPro
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Incoming search terms:
- pup optional b
- Google Desktop Install trojan
- what is pup optional b
- google desktop install virus
- 4682b4 com virus
- pup optional medfos c
- menghilangkan adserver android
- medfos b removal tool
- malware trojan google chrome
- js trojan
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1828 dTNNnUBwf4vk6M1LsmyarIfQO_c9VBbihR8K70DRj2H1wJZBn2AwPM_V7aKVH1-GO5yY60bYfBESeFMkTlzR_A 5e7ca7aa5bf1a28891cebf0aff4fa0ac59e75650&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic
- www modfos com
- android muncul adserver kimia es
- google android muncul adserver kimia es