The Websearch.searchsun.info browser hijacker is bundled with certain free software in the category of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s). Trovi.com is considered a browser hijacker because it changes the default homepage and search-engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without your permission. Furthermore, This kind of browser hijackers can also change the default target of the browser shortcuts, which ensures that the browser will always open with the Websearch.searchsun.info browser hijacker.
As already mentioned, this type of browser hijackers are bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar downloadsites. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional adware like the Websearch.searchsun.info browser hijacker, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of an Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
When the Websearch.searchsun.info browser hijacker is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Unfortunately, there is no Uninstall Programs entry that uninstalls Websearch.searchsun.info from your computer. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to cleanup your computer. To remove this browser hijacker from your computer and clean the affected shortcuts of the installed browsers, please use the Websearch.searchsun.info removal guide below.
Websearch.searchsun “Websearch.searchsun.info” Removal Guide
This adware removal guide provides guidance on how to remove adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s) from your computer. Potentially Unwanted Programs is a general name of any doubtful program, including browser hijackers, malicious browser extensions, spyware, that tries to damage a computer, steal personal data, or perform other such malicious behaviour.
- Remove Malicious software from the softwarelist which are related to Websearch.searchsun.info.
- Remove Websearch.searchsun.info with AdwCleaner
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s)
- Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of this browser hijacker and other unwanted software
- Remove Websearch.searchsun.info from Internet Explorer – How to remove Adware from Internet Explorer
- Remove Websearch.searchsun.info from Firefox – How to remove Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Websearch.searchsun.info from Google Chrome – How to remove Adware from Google Chrome
Because the instructions to remove any adware related program from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome are the same, they are located on a separate page on this website. Click on one of the links above, to read the complete manuals with instructions to remove any malicious browser extension, hijacked startpage from your browsers.
1. Uninstall malicious software from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘adware’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Remove Websearch.searchsun.info with AdwCleaner
- Download AdwCleaner (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to start the program
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Remove Websearch.searchsun.info with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a surprisingly effective anti-malware program that let you check the presence of malware. But Malwarebytes has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- If you accidently close it, the log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove Websearch.searchsun.info
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop from one of the download buttons above.
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Incoming search terms: