If you are seeing pop-ups and ads from Ads by MediaPlayer when you use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, then your computer is infected with adware and mostly with Adware:Win32/BetterSurf or other potentially unwanted programs. This kind of BetterSurf adware is designed specifically to make money with pop-ups, unwanted ads and sponsored links. Ads by MediaPlayer is basically not a malicious advertising network, but cyber criminals are using it to display ads from this domain to earn pay-per-click revenues.
The Ads by MediaPlayer adware always comes bundled with free software or applications bundled with unwanted applications and browserextensions, which are the cause of the Ads by MediaPlayer popups and ads in your browser. In such cases, the installation of a pop-up blocker has no effect to block the unwanted popups from Ads by MediaPlayer, maybe you can reduce the pop-ups from Ads by MediaPlayer and similar domains but the cause of the problem will not be solved. Therefore, we recommend to use this malware and adware removal guide to cleanup your systemen.
The worst of all is actually, that Ads by MediaPlayer is able to tracking your browsing history, monitoring your online activities. You can use the Ads by MediaPlayer removal guide on this page to remove the remove completely the Ads by MediaPlayer pop-ups from your computer with AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool and the malwarescanners Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro.
Ads by MediaPlayer Removal Guide
All tools used in our Ads by MediaPlayer Removal Guide are completely free to use and should remove any trace of adware and potentially unwanted programs from your computer.
- Step 1 – Remove MediaPlayer from the softwarelist of Windows.
- Step 2 – Remove Ads by MediaPlayer with AdwCleaner
- Step 3 – Remove Ads by MediaPlayer with the Junkware Removal Tool
- Step 4 – Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove potentially unwanted programs
- Step 5 – Run HitmanPro to remove adware and remnants of potentially unwanted programs and tracking cookies of Ads by MediaPlayer
1. Uninstall MediaPlayer from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name ‘MediaPlayer’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Remove Ads by MediaPlayer with AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner (from this link) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Remove Ads by MediaPlayer with the Junkware Removal Tool
Download download the Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting the Junkware Removal Tool, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on jrt.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- The Junkware Removal Tool will now start, and at the Command Prompt, you’ll need to press any key to perform a scan with the tool.
- Please be patient, this scan can take a while to complete (up to 10 minutes) depending on your system’s specifications.
- When the scan with the Junkware Removal Tool is completed, it will display a log with the malicious files and registry keys that were removed from your computer.
- With this file you can check the detected and deleted items.
4. Run MBAM to remove adware and PUP’s
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from this link) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
5. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove tracking cookies by Ads by MediaPlayer
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
6. Remove Ads by MediaPlayer from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu and click on Tools.
- Next, select the option Manage add-ons from the dropdown list. In this window you can manage the Internet Explorer add-ons.
- Click on the option Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
- Then click on the malicious extension / add-on and remove this item.
- Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
- Start Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top right, and then click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer and check everything is fixed as well.
7. Remove Ads by MediaPlayer from Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and navigate to top menu and click on Tools or press CTRL+SHIFT+A.
- It will display a drop-down list please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
- Click on the option Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions in Mozilla Firefox.
- Find the malicious extension. If it does not exist, find related items or items you don’t install your self
- Click the Remove buttom to uninstall the selected item from the list.
- Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window and restart Firefox.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.
8. Remove Ads by MediaPlayer from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser.
- Next, select Settings from the dropdownlist.
- Once it opens a new window or tab, click on the Extensions located on left side of this window.
- Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference.
- Also on this window, you can remove the malicious item as well.
- Remove the unwanted entry, by clicking on the trashcan.
- If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions or other extensions you don’t install your self.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- Ads by Media Player
- how to remove ads by media player
- remove ads by media player
- ads media player
- ads by mediaplayer
- update media player pop-up
- ads by media player remove
- pop up ads video player
- media player malware removal
- media player malware
- ads ads media player
- mediaplayer1 malware
- how to remove sponsored ad media player
- ad by media player removal