Conduit Search or search.conduit.com is technically not a virus. But many users have no idea where Conduit Search did come from, so it’s not surprising at all that most of them assume that it is a virus. Conduit is a malicious search engine bundled with free software that primarily installs to your computer with or without your knowledge, and once installed it will add the Conduit Toolbar to your browser, and change your browser homepage and default search engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Once the Conduit Search virus is installed it will also installe SearchProtect and ValueApps by Conduit, all the programs of Conduit LTD are classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP), therefore detects Malwarebytes Anti-Malware this unwanted software as PUP.Optional.Conduit, PUP.Optional.ValueApps.A, PUP.Optional.Conduit.A and PUP.Optional.Conduit.A.
Use the instructions of our removal guide below to remove the Conduit Search virus and other third-party software and potentially unwanted programs from your computer with free software. AdwCleaner is a popular tool to remove unwanted software from your computer, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has a strong detection of potentially unwanted programs.
Conduit Search virus (Removal Guide)
All tools used in our Conduit Search virus (Removal Guide) are completely free to use and should remove any trace of adware and potentially unwanted programs from your computer.
- Step 1 – Remove SearchProtect, Conduit Toolbar, ValueApps and other unwanted software by Programs and Features.
- Step 2 – Remove the Conduit Search virus with AdwCleaner
- Step 3 – Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Uninstall Conduit Search from Programs and Features.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features. > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name ‘Search Protect, Value Apps, Conduit Toolbar’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
3. Remove the Conduit Search virus with AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner (from this link) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from this link) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- www xvedio com
- pur optional
- PUP Optional ConduitTB gen
- PUP Optional Snapdo T
- PUP Optional ConduitTB A
- ww-searchings search protector conduit toolbar conduit virus
- optional conduit
- pur optional conduit
- search protect
- PUA searchprotect
- PUR Optional Conduit A
- ValueApps A
- pua conduit searchprotect
- conduit search protect pua
- Pua Conduit Virus Symptoms