MySearchResults known as redirect virus is a malicious browser hijacker that installs into your Web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without the user’s consent. This MySearchResults browser hijacker will change your homepage and the default search engine to MySearchResults.com. The most commen problems are redirects, pop-ups and sponsored ads in your browser.
The MySearchResults adware which is also responsible for other notorious search hijackers and related programs categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP/PUA) gets to your system through free downloads they are packed with a wrapper. MySearchResults.com comes bundled with various free programs like video players and download applications, PDF readers, creators, converters and similar programs downloaded from Brothersoft, Softonic and Cnet. It is very popular among third party (wrapper) distributors to add such programs to freeware downloads and promote their products this way to earn money.
If you have problems with the redirects to MySearchResults.com, various pop ups or a unwanted advertising when you use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome , your browser has definitely been hijacked. Please note that this kind of adware categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP/PUA) can track your browsing activity and even get access to your login information and passwords. The information about your online activity is sent to the remote Command & Control Server straight away and can be used for marketing purposes.
MySearchResults Removal Instructions
All tools used in our MySearchResults Removal Instructions are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
- Step 1 – Unistall malicious programs from your computer
- Step 2 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove MySearchResults.com
- Step 3 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to check for Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP/PUA)
- Step 4 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of MySearchResults.com
- Step 5 – Remove MySearchResults.com from Internet Explorer
- Step 6 – Remove MySearchResults.com from Firefox
- Step 7 – Remove MySearchResults.com from Internet Explorer
1. Uninstall Malicious programs from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘Malicious programs’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove MySearchResults
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- You can use the right mousbutton to check the ‘Check all items‘ option before you click on Remove Selected
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
3. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove MySearchResults
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of MySearchResults
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Remove MySearchResults.com from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu and click on Tools.
- Next, select the option Manage add-ons from the dropdown list. In this window you can manage the Internet Explorer add-ons.
- Click on the option Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
- Then click on the malicious extension / add-on and remove this item.
- Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
- Start Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top right, and then click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer and check everything is fixed as well.
Remove MySearchResults.com from Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and navigate to top menu and click on Tools or press CTRL+SHIFT+A.
- It will display a drop-down list please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
- Click on the option Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions in Mozilla Firefox.
- Find the malicious extension. If it does not exist, find related items or items you don’t install your self
- Click the Remove buttom to uninstall the selected item from the list.
- Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window and restart Firefox.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and wil be reset with the default settings.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and check everything is fixed as well.
Remove MySearchResults.com from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser.
- Next, select Settings from the dropdownlist.
- Once it opens a new window or tab, click on the Extensions located on left side of this window.
- Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference.
- Also on this window, you can remove the malicious item as well.
- Remove the unwanted entry, by clicking on the trashcan.
- If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions or other extensions you don’t install your self.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- remove travi search engine
- remove travi search
- how to remove travi search
- travi search uninstall
- how to remove travi firefox
- travi search removal
- travi malware
- remove travi search firefox
- remove travi search engines
- delete travi search bar
- how to remove travi
- how to find uninstall travi search
- how to delete travi search engine
- travi uninstall