PUP.Optional.SearchQu also know as a browser hijacker is a specific detection used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to indicate and detect Potentially Unwanted Propgrams (PUP). When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects PUP.Optional.SearchQu you do not immediately have to worry, because it is not a virus or othe malware. But only a unwanted program classified as PUP because it has a bad reputation or behavior. And in most cases the program is installed whitout your knowledge, therefore detects Malwarebytes Anti-Malware this application as PUP.Optional.SearchQu This items are not checked by default for removing, but we strongly recommend to remove PUP.Optional.SearchQu from your computer.
Many users have no idea where PUP.Optional.SearchQu did come from, so it’s not surprising at all that most of them assume that SearchQu is a virus and that is the main reason why Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is detecting this application as PUP Potentially Unwanted Propgram to inform about the reputation and behaviour.
The SearchQu browser hijacker is bundled within the custom installers on many download sites like Softonic, Brothersoft and Cnet. When PUP.Optional.SearchQu is present on your computer when you perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware then your computer is infected with unwanted software or adware, and perhaps also with other adware variants or malware. You can use the PUP.Optional.SearchQu removal guide below to remove this unwatend program completely from your computer in a few steps with free tools.
PUP.Optional.SearchQu removal guide
All tools used in our malware removal guides are completely free to use and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.
Please be aware that removing Malware is not so simple, and we strongly recommend to backup your personal files and folders before you start the malware removal process.
Step 1 – Remove SearchQu toolbar from the softwarelist which are related to PUP.Optional.SearchQu
Step 2 – Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove PUP.Optional.SearchQu
Step 3 – Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove PUP.Optional.SearchQu
Step 4 – Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the remnants of PUP.Optional.SearchQu
1. Uninstall Search Qu from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name ‘Search Qu’ and click on Uninstall/Change. If this is not present, try to search and remove items with the following names:
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Run a scan with AdwCleaner to remove PUP.Optional.SearchQu
Download download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove PUP.Optional.SearchQu
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- After the restart in Normal mode, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove remnants of PUP.Optional.SearchQu
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click now on the Save Log option and save this log to your desktop.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.
Some of the programs that we used in our malware removal guides would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful anti-malware tools. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. The license of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is life-time so you have to buy it once, and because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a great addition to your regular virusscanner of security programs.
Incoming search terms:
- pup optional browsefox
- pup optional search toolbar
- pup optional systemk a
- what is PUP Optional Searchqu
- how to get rid of pup virus
- pua conduit infection
- what is pup op
- how to get rid of pup optional virus
- pup optional systemk
- systemk a
- remove pup virus
- pup optional malware removal
- how to get rid of pup malware
- get rid of pup virus
- how to get rid of pups virus