MaxPerforma (PUP.Optional.MaxPerforma.A) is an illegitimate or doubtful Microsoft Windows application, or better a “Potential Unwanted Program” (PUP) that is promoting itself as a free advantage program and Microsoft Gold partner that solves common performance problems and remove malware like system problems, malware, performance problems, privacy items, and junk files. This software is not classified as rogueware, because it has not enough points fot it.
The truth about MaxPerforma is that the program is based on fake system scans and display misleading, limited, harmful, and fake results to claim that your computer has serious problems. With this fake system scans and misleading messages that need to be repaired is in order to target and trick unsuspecting victims into purchasing the MaxPerforma product to fix issues the found on the system.
How did I get infected with MaxPerforma?
The MaxPerforma adware or other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are bundled with certain free software that primarily installs to your computer with or without your permission and knowledge. Downloadportals like “Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft, Portalux” and similar websites which offer free software are the biggest problem of distributing adware and unwanted programs such as MaxPerforma. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional software or adware, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of an Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
How to remove MaxPerforma and other adware?
When the MaxPerforma is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Usually, there is a Uninstall Program entry that uninstalls MaxPerforma from your computer, but mostly there are still many remnants behind of the adware that causes problems. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to cleanup your computer. To remove this adware completely from your computer and cleanup the installed browsers, please use the guide below to remove MaxPerforma from your computer.
Remove MaxPerforma (Free removal guide)
This adware removal guide provides guidance on how to remove adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s) from your computer. Potentially Unwanted Programs is a general name of any doubtful program, including browser hijackers, malicious browser extensions, spyware, that tries to damage a computer, steal personal data, or perform other such malicious behaviour.
- Remove MaxPerforma from the softwarelist.
- Remove MaxPerforma with AdwCleaner
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove MaxPerforma and (PUP’s)
- Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove MaxPerforma and other unwanted software
Because the instructions to remove any adware related program from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome are the same, they are located on a separate page on this website. Click on one of the links above, to read the complete manuals with instructions to remove any malicious browser extension, hijacked startpage from your browsers.
1. Remove MaxPerforma from Windows Control Panel
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- Now you will see a screen to uninstall or change a program.
- Search for the name of the ‘MaxPerforma’ and click on Uninstall/Change.
- On the next screen, you need to confirm the uninstall process follow these steps to remove this program from your computer.
- Click OK to proceed with the removal process of the program.
2. Remove MaxPerforma with AdwCleaner
- Download AdwCleaner (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Important! Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to start the program
- Windows Vista/ 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the scan button,
- When the scan is ready click on the Clean butten.
- Your desktop icons will be disappear, this is normal so don’t be worry about that.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- Close the text file that opens after the restart, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click now on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove AdwCleaner from your computer.
3. Remove MaxPerforma with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a surprisingly effective anti-malware program that let you check the presence of malware. But Malwarebytes has also a very strong detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s), only the PUP detection will show up unchecked on the results list by default. You have to manually check them for removal.
Tip: If you want more advanced features and the real-time protection you can purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that will protect you from being infected.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (from the download button above) to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
- Then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection subtab, Detection Options, tick the box ‘Scan for rootkits‘.
- Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
- With some infections, you may see this message box.
- ‘Could not load DDA driver’
- Click ‘Yes’ to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
- Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
- When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
4. Run a scan with HitmanPro to remove MaxPerforma
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop from one of the download buttons above.
- Double click on HitmanPro to start the program, if you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.
- To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you double click on HitmanPro and all non-essential processes will be terminated, including the malware processes.
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Click on the next button and choose the option activate free license
- Click on the next button and the infections where will be deleted.
- Click on the next button and restart the computer.